Abstract submission opens on Monday September 04, 2017!
Instructions for preparation of oral or poster presentations will be sent together with acceptance notifications.
The Committee will endeavour to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
For each abstract, an author is expected to attend the congress and make the poster or oral presentation. Presenting authors must register by the registration deadline of February 26, 2018.
Accepted abstracts for which a presenting author is registered and has paid the registration fee by February 26, 2018.
- will be scheduled for presentation and included in the Congress Scientific Programme
- will be included in the Congress proceedings in the Society’s journal, Atherosclerosis, in an issue to be published after the Congress.
Abstracts for which no author has registered to attend Congress by February 26, 2018 will not be included in the Congress Scientific Programme.
If using a PowerPoint presentation (or any other PC based application, such as PDF), please note you need to bring it on USB Memory stick and load it on one of the conference’ computers in the Speakers’ Ready Room at least 1 hour before the start of the session.
The recommended format for PPT presentations is 16:9. Please make sure to prepare your presentation accordingly.
Please note that the congress computers in the session halls are being supplied with Office 2010 (at least).
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session – even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Alternatively you may supply your own laptop computer. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Important note for Macintosh users:
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers’ Ready Room:
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT – these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
Alternatively you may use your own Macintosh laptop computer. In such a case please confirm you provide it with a VGA adaptor for external signal, advise the operators in the Speakers’ Ready Room about it as soon as you arrive and later on test it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Science at a Glance Presenters
The 86th EAS Congress will be implementing E-posters as Science in a Glance sessions. The E-Poster terminals are located in the exhibition area of the congress centre.
- All Posters will appear on plasma stations in the Poster Area in the Exhibition hall and are available for electronic viewing at all times for participants during the exhibition opening hours.
- Posters do not require printing or production of materials, as the poster will be presented electronically, uploaded in advance to the congress site by the presenter.
- This new format replaces the traditional paper poster board format for this category of presentation.
- Each presenter will be allocated 3 minutes presentation time plus 3 minutes for discussion.
- Please refer to the section for Science at a Glance presentations in the programme book for details.
- Presenting authors are requested to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of their session.
All authors will be contacted directly with all preparation details and information regarding technical aspects of e-posters.
Please note that posters will be presented in shifts. If you mount your poster on the days that are not your specified presentation days, your poster will be removed. The organising committee will not be responsible for any misplaced posters.
Please check the Final Programme upon registration to the congress for the number of the poster board allocated to you. Please use the board with the same number.
Please prepare your poster on one sheet of cardboard. Alternatively presenters may display their material on several smaller sheets.
- The dimensions of the poster should not exceed 90 cm wide x 120 cm high
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract
- The text, illustrations, etc. should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet)
- Tacks and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters
- Please refer to the Final Programme for the poster number assigned to you